Creative Arts February 8, 2018
Pastor Jack opened the meeting with prayer.
Ash Wednesday February 14th — connecting item: hearts –
Topic of reconciliation
God’s Progressive Covenants
1. God will practice self-restraint, sign rainbow (Noah)
Rainbows will arrive on February 14th
February 18th connecting item: rainbow
What are you letting go of?
Name of the table–Place for change. Rainbow, laminate of heart image. Basket for the cards.
Plastic stand with instructions.
- God is asking for a willingness to take steps (Abram and Sarai)
February 25th connecting item: cross
3. Gift of a higher law 12 tribes that do not get along with each (Moses)
March 4th connecting item: 3 x 5 cards rainbow
4. Gift of grace. (Jesus)
March 11th connecting item: square head nails are here
5. Law of God written on our hearts
March 18th connecting item: a mustard seed, etched stones
6. Palm Sunday – Christ offering peace in Jerusalem?
March 25th connecting item: Palm branches
Brainstorming for Summer:
Anxiety: Being isolated, disconnected, situations in China/Korea, health care
Don’t Worry, Be Happy – bridge over denial?
Giant Jack -in- the – Box – What anxiety will pop up this week?
Seems like more people are looking out for number 1 and a level of compassion is lost.
Assignment: visual focal point for anxiousness?
Next meeting March 22, 2018